The Evolution of Disney's Princesses Plan

Essay Theory by on Scribd

Comments

  1. Hey Ted - this looks all very reasonable to me. I think perhaps you need to make a decision fairly early on in terms of limiting the number of Disney princesses you're going to use as exemplars. I will say that the 'Disney princess' discussion is very well established and you might want to look at the representation of Disney's female villains - there's probably something as interesting to discuss about what those representations tell us about what society thinks about certain sorts of women... as the female villains are often much more proactive, intelligent and transgressive than the heroines - is that what codes them as 'untrustworthy'? I'd encourage you to look at these characters too because I suspect that will help you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project - Reflective Statement