Created Instrument for my Soundscape

For my Soundscape sessions, I created an instrument out of a used coca-cola box, filled with various materials and objects such as rocks, twigs and baking paper. I decided to use the instrument for the second image given in my soundscapes blue box. 

Due to the organic nature and its appearance which was reminiscent of a cocoon to me. I often rattled and shook the box to simulate what a an egg or cocoon would sound like moving and rattling, perhaps even pulsing. I would shake the box at different speeds and tap different sides to generate varied sounds. 
This is the instrument I constructed. 
The cardboard handle attached on top of the box was used to scratch the sellotape surface on that side to make sounds mimicking crackling and rattling. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Project - Reflective Statement